About the subject
A Level Spanish students will develop a practical life skill and become equipped with the linguistic and cultural knowledge to explore Spanish-speaking countries across the world.
Learning a foreign language opens many doors and is highly valued by future employers.
The course sets out to provide students with the ability and confidence to use the language for work or leisure while simultaneously immersing them in the culture and values of modern Spanish society.
Minimum of Grade 6 in GCSE Spanish
Year 12 Topics
- Family and young people in Spanish society
- The impact of tourism on Spain
- Spanish music
- Media in Spanish society
- Customs and traditions in Spanish-speaking countries
- An in-depth study of "Bodas de Sangre"
- An in-depth study of "Volver"
Year 13 Topics
- Immigration and integration in Spain
- Spanish Civil War (1936-1939)
- Spanish political history
You will take three exams in the summer of Year 13:
Paper 1 - Listening, Reading and Translation into English (40%)
Paper 2 - Translation into Spanish and Writing based on "Bodas de Sangre" and "Volver" (30%)
Paper 3 - Speaking (30%)